Sunday, November 22, 2015

Week One in the Big City

We have survived our first week in Toronto.  What an adventure getting to this point.
Me and my mom left Thunder Bay on Friday, November 13th, a day before we were originally scheduled to leave because of some complications with the moving elevator.  Unfortunately I was unable to be in Thunder Bay for my acro exam but at least Dance Dynamics gave me a great foundation for dancing in the future.  Now to find a dance studio that compares...not going to happen.  I met some of the best girls at that studio and I am sad that I will not be there to dance with them throughout the years to come.  But I will be back for "guest" visits.

Friday night, my mom and I spent the night in Sault Ste. Marie with my dad (who was there with my brother Matthew for a hockey tournament).  We did LOTS of driving Friday and Saturday which I HATED!!!!




Finally we arrived in Toronto.  It was super exciting driving in to the city.  When we arrived at our new house it was a bit confusing and my mom had a really hard time keeping calm - she even lost our car in the parkade.  I made sure I gave her lots of hugs and told her it was okay.
We finally got into our new condo and I got to play with my cousin Scarlett while everyone else moved us in.





The next morning we woke up to some beautiful views over Lake Ontario.



On Sunday my dad joined us with my brother Matthew.  That afternoon we went to the Christmas parade.


This week we have done many things.  I started school the first week I arrived in Toronto because I was too excited to have friends to play with.  I love my new school although I am missing having lots of friends to play with.  I have homework three times a week and it includes cursive writing and math.  I get to ride the streetcar with my mom to get to school.  


Here are some more pictures to show all of the things I have done in Toronto so far.  There are so many things to do and my legs hurt from all the walking.









Julia says to her friends: "I love you, I like you and I miss you".  Send us some pictures!  Come back to the page next week to see all the fun adventures we had.  

1 comment:

  1. wow Julia looks like you're having a ton of fun. We miss you at the studio and hope you find a new dance school soon.

    ReplyDelete